In this episode, Dave is joined by Tarlan Hedayati, MD, FACEP, to discuss how to differentiate between Pseudo PEA and True PEA.
Dr.Hedayati is a practicing Emergency Physican in Cook County, Chicago. She is also the Associate Professor and Chair of Education for the Emergency Medicine Department.
Also In This Episode
- Patient Case: 57 YO Male
- POC Ultrasound
- Pulse checks, are fingers are dumb
- POCUS for Pulse
- FEEL for cardiac activity (Focused Echocardiographic Evaluation in Life support)
- The downside of POCUS
- POCUS in the emergency department
- CASA (Cardiac Arrest Sonographic Assessment)
- RV strain
- PEA Evaluation
- Pressor Infusions vs. Standard ACLS
- PEA Bottom line: POCUS & minimize pauses
Connect with Tarlan Hedayati:
Twitter: @HedayatiMD https://twitter.com/HedayatiMD
Don't forget to mark your video "Complete" after you finish watching! This will help you monitor your progress through our video library, which will make it easier for you to tally up your hours for your next Completion Certificate. You can also leave us comments and questions here, and you can submit ideas for new episodes any time.